Green tea has been used traditionally in China for thousands of years for its health-preserving and revitalizing power. Modern science has identified powerful antioxidants in green tea called polyphenols. One group of polyphenols called catechins is particularly potent and highly effective at neutralizing free radicals at the cellular level.
Catechins support healthy cell function while providing antioxidant protection to critical cell structures such as DNA. Demonstrated to cause a thermogenic effect, catechins also enhance the body’s metabolic rate.
We are advised to drink at least 4 cups of green tea a day to get the minimal antioxidant protection against inflammatory diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease. For most of us this is difficult to achieve.
Tegreen 97® from Pharmanex® is a proprietary, highly concentrated extract of the catechins found in green tea. As one of the most potent antioxidant supplements on the market, Tegreen has a 97% polyphenol content, 65% of which are catechins.
Each Tegreen capsule contains the catechin equivalent of approximately seven cups of green tea and is 99.5% caffeine free. Recent clinical studies show consuming 400 to 600 mg of catechins at one time will more effectively increase the level of catechins in the blood and increase the amount of time they stay in the body.
- • Provides potent antioxidants to defend against free radicals at the cellular level*
- • Supports healthy cell function and helps protect cell structures, including DNA*
- • Thermogenic effect increases the body’s metabolic rate
Who Should Use This Product?
Any adult concerned about long-term cell health and their antioxidant status should take Tegreen. Individuals with a hectic, busy, or stressful lifestyle, or those frequently exposed to pollution might also find benefits from Tegreen supplementation.
Is this product safe?
Tegreen is safe at recommended dosages. Safety data indicates it is safe for consumers to take up to two capsules twice daily for up to three months for increased health benefits with no evidence of long-term or short-term toxicity of green tea extracts.
Pharmanex has been involved in multiple clinical studies in Asia evaluating the impact of Tegreen on health parameters. The majority of these studies used a dosage of 600 mg of Tegreen per day (200 mg green tea extract, taken three times daily). These studies showed benefits at this higher dosage without side effects.
This product is both Kosher and Vegetarian.
Key Scientific Studies
1. Pillai SP, Mitscher LA, Menon SR. Antimutagenic/Antioxidant activity of green tea components and related compounds. Journal of Environmental Pathology, 1999; 18:147–58.
2. Mitscher LA, Jung M, Wahlqvist ML, O’Brien RC. Chemoprotection: A review of the potential therapeutic antioxidant properties of green tea and its constituents. Med Res Rev, 1997; 17:327–65.
3. Sartippour M., Heber D., Lu Q., Ma M., Go V.L., and Nguyen M. Green tea inhibits breast cancer growth and angiogenesis. Nut Cancer, 2001; 40:149–56.
NOTE: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant or nursing, or taking
a prescription medication, consult a physician before using this product.